CalVet Home Loans
- If you are a veteran and want a great home loan, then you need a CalVet Home Loan. You'll find the CalVet Loan will save you money and provide protection for your home and investment.
CalVet Homeless Veteran Outreach Support Program
- This program was established to assist offsetting the costs of conducting Stand Down events. Stand Down’s are local events where homeless veterans can receive a variety of services and resources. These can include showers, meals, clothing, temporary shelter, employment services, medical exams, VA services, and other services.
- Location: Department of Public Social Services - Veterans Service Office Lancaster
- Hours: M-F 8am-4pm
- Office: 335 E. K-10, Lancaster, CA, 93535
- Main: (661) 974-8842
- Fax: (661) 723-5247
- Location: Ventura
- Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm
- Office: 855 Partridge Dr, Ventura, CA, 93003
- Toll Free: (866) 904-9362
- Main: (805) 477-5155
- Fax: (805) 477-5418
CalVet William "Pete" Knight Veterans Home of California
- Completed in November 2009, the beautiful William J. “Pete” Knight Veterans Home of California–Lancaster is a 60-bed Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE), also known as assisted living.
CalVet Residential Enriched Neighborhood (REN) Community Santa Clarita
HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)
- Individual must be a Veteran
- Individual must be VA health care eligible
- Individual must be homeless (*or homeless before entering a transitional living program)
- Individual must be in need of ongoing case management services
- Any questions about the referral process or the status of a referral should be sent to GLAVASHRefer@va.gov or contact your nearest Veterans Service Office.
Property Tax Exemption
- Los Angeles County
- BOE-261: Claim for Veterans Exemption:
- Send to:
Los Angeles County Assessor Vet Dept.
500 West Temple St. B-65
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2770
- For help, call the Assessor’s Office at (213) 974-3399 or your nearest district office.
- Ventura County
- Fill out the BOE-261: Claim for Veterans Exemption
- Standard: See file
- Disabled veterans: see file
- Send to:
Assessor of Ventura County
800 South Victoria Ave.
Ventura, CA 93009-1270
- For help, call the Assessor’s Office at 805-654-2181 (press 5 for a live person) or your nearest district office.