Mental Health Care

  • Suicide Prevention
  • Military Sexual Trauma Counseling
    • What is military sexual trauma counseling?
      • Military sexual trauma counseling may include individual or group counseling, marital and family counseling, referral benefits assistance, liaison with community agencies or substance abuse information and referral to help you deal with the emotions of military sexual trauma and regain confidence in your everyday life.
    • Am I eligible for military sexual trauma counseling?
      • Any veteran who was sexual traumatized while serving in the military is eligible to receive counseling regardless of gender or era of service.
    • Where are services available?
      • Medical services are available at your local VA Medical Center and can be accessed by contacting the Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator (does not require a 10-10 EZ).
  • I want to apply
    • The VA offers mental health programs to veterans who are enrolled in the VA health care program.
    • Fill out pages 3 & 4 of the 10-10EZ
    • If you want to request a doctor’s appointment, check 'yes' to Section I, Question 12: Would you like for VA contact you to schedule your first appointment?
      • Send completed form to:
        • Health Eligibility Center
          2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 200
          Atlanta, GA 30329
    • For help, contact your nearest district office.
    • Once your enrollment is verified, contact your nearest VA medical facility to have your picture taken. Bring two forms of identification to verify your identity.
      • Acceptable forms of ID here
    • A Veteran Health Identification Card and Veterans Health Benefits Handbook will be mailed to you.
  • I'm already enrolled, but I need to update my information
  • I enrolled but was later determined ineligible.
    • Within 60 days of the notification letter, you have the right to contest or provide additional information before a final eligibility determination is made. Contact your nearest district office to learn more.
    • After receive a notification of disenrollment, you have one year to appeal the decision by filling out pages 3-4 of the Notice of Disagreement form.
      • Send this to the address included on the decision notice letter.