Veterans Housing

  • CalVet Home Loans
    • If you are a veteran and want a great home loan, then you need a CalVet Home Loan. You'll find the CalVet Loan will save you money and provide protection for your home and investment.
  • CalVet Homeless Veteran Outreach Support Program
    • This program was established to assist offsetting the costs of conducting Stand Down events. Stand Down’s are local events where homeless veterans can receive a variety of services and resources. These can include showers, meals, clothing, temporary shelter, employment services, medical exams, VA services, and other services.
    • Locations:
      • Location: Department of Public Social Services - Veterans Service Office Lancaster
        • Hours: M-F 8am-4pm
        • Office: 335 E. K-10, Lancaster, CA, 93535
        • Main: (661) 974-8842
        • Fax: (661) 723-5247
      • Location: Ventura
        • Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm
        • Office: 855 Partridge Dr, Ventura, CA, 93003
        • Toll Free: (866) 904-9362
        • Main: (805) 477-5155
        • Fax: (805) 477-5418
  • CalVet William "Pete" Knight Veterans Home of California
    • Completed in November 2009, the beautiful William J. “Pete” Knight Veterans Home of California–Lancaster is a 60-bed Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE), also known as assisted living.
  • CalVet Residential Enriched Neighborhood (REN) Community Santa Clarita
  • HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)
    • Requirements:
      • Individual must be a Veteran
      • Individual must be VA health care eligible
      • Individual must be homeless (*or homeless before entering a transitional living program)
      • Individual must be in need of ongoing case management services
    • Any questions about the referral process or the status of a referral should be sent to or contact your nearest Veterans Service Office.
  • Property Tax Exemption
    • Los Angeles County
      • BOE-261: Claim for Veterans Exemption:
      • Send to:
        • Los Angeles County Assessor Vet Dept.
          500 West Temple St. B-65
          Los Angeles, CA 90012-2770
      • For help, call the Assessor’s Office at (213) 974-3399 or your nearest district office.
    • Ventura County
      • Fill out the BOE-261: Claim for Veterans Exemption
        • Standard: See file
        • Disabled veterans: see file
      • Send to:
          Assessor of Ventura County
          800 South Victoria Ave.
          Ventura, CA 93009-1270
      • For help, call the Assessor’s Office at 805-654-2181 (press 5 for a live person) or your nearest district office.